Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Does the military still train soldiers to use motorcycles?

I am 15 and I want to join the Marine Corps. As of right now I am considering becoming Military Police, and I heard through the grapevine that there are certain parts of the military that train their troops to use motorcycles.





I do not expect to become a bike trooper, if the military even has them, but I was hoping to learn more about the training process:


- Where does this training take place?


- How can I qualify?


- What MOS makes me eligible?


- Etc.





Anything you can tell me is greatly appreciated as well.|||i dont think that the military uses motorcycles anymore or has since ww2. if humvee's arent allowed to go outside the wire anymore then an unarmored open compartment vehicle will definitely not be used. If some delta force special forces undercover operations use them does not make them a military vehicle.





the iraqi army has 3 urals right behind our base tho that i see and envy everyday.|||The Marine Corps uses the Kawasaki M1030 M1 Diesel Military Motorcycles.

They are used by Communication Marines as an alternative for delivering messages if radio's go down



With approximately only 400 bikes in the fleet inventory your chances of being an operator are slime to none|||I have never heard of or seen a military police "bike trooper" in my 12-years of service. I have no reason to believe that they exists.|||Some of the really high speed Special Forces guys are allocated Motorcycles for their missions. But in the marines... you'll never see one in the field.

No comments:

Post a Comment