Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I get started in a career in counseling the military? And do I have to be in the Military to do this?

I am currently a undergraduate student. I'm very interested in becoming a counselor, therapist or social worker for the military, especially for all the troops coming back home, burdened with the stress and trauma of war. I googled it and I can only seem to find lists of careers in the military (i.e. www.careersinthemilitary.com) but not information about how to go about becoming a therapist or counselor for the miltary. More importantly, I am not in the military and I am wondering if I have to be to be a counselor?|||You didn't say what country you are in but I'll assume the US. Nearly any job you can think of is available to you in the military. The cool part is they will training and if you can avoid combat, you can get paid to do what you love.





I don't know all the current details of military recruitment so you'll need to talk to a recruiter. I can't emphasis this enough, don't believe what they say until you see the enlistment contract you'll be signing. 99% of recruiters are honest but a few will promise anything. I would also insist on speaking with someone in the military who is doing the career you want to pursue.





Mike Honeycutt

No comments:

Post a Comment