Sunday, September 18, 2011

Military#$%^&^%$%^&^%$%^&^%?

I've wanted to join the Military for a long time now to....





but I've been thinking, but is it wrong that I now also wanna join the Military...to run away from my (Problems, Regrets, doubts, etc.)??? =/|||Joining to run away from problems, regrets, and doubts is a bad idea. Joining to serve your country, learn a new trade, see the world, become an adult, be part of a team, get experience for the civilian world, and get money for school are some good reasons, among others.|||I think Erik the dude is just having a bad day.



First of all, recruiters, at least Naval recruiters, do not get money for putting people in the Navy. It's a rumor. And if his cousin's GI Bill paperwork really did 'mess up' there's nothing preventing him from resubmitting for his GI Bill. I assume he's talking about his 9/11 GI Bill, because most everyone was signed up for the older Montgomery GI Bill automatically. Also, his other cousin is getting $125 a month from VA? Well a few months before you discharge you can put in a disability claim, and if your disability is bad enough you can get much more than $125. Just because your vehicle is struck by an IED doesn't mean it disabled you enough to get a bunch of money, if any at all.



I'm about to finish my active duty commitment in the Navy after four years (I'll be getting out in about a week), and even though I'm getting out, I have absolutely no regrets. I've made friends that I hope to stay in contact with for the rest of my life. I've grown so much more as a man than I would have if I had just gone to college. I've seen and done so much I would've never otherwise gotten the chance to. If you join, you have to keep a positive attitude. It's true, there are a lot of times where you'll have to put up with a lot of BS, but in the end, it really isn't that bad. And no, 99.9% of everything you do in the military does NOT involve killing. I can say that I've only been in two occasions where I may have had to shoot somebody in the four years I've been in, both on deployment, both in Africa.



The military is a big decision. I can say with confidence that joining was the biggest decision of my life. Make sure it's something you want to do. In essence, you may have to put your personal life on hold while you complete your contract. Think long and hard about it.|||No, joining the military is a big commitment. Join only if u wanna join and u think it is the absolute best decision at the time. Im gonna tell u right now, the military is stressful and at times depressing. At the same time, I think it makes you a stronger person so u will be able to deal with problems better. Just think hard about it...talk to some of ur close friends/family about it not some random people on yahoo answers.



I agree with citadel.|||I'm sorry to say this but the military is a bunch of lies! I was a combat medic in the Army and it was the worst decision in my lie i would have ever made.



I made this post on a question of how combat is. simple, don't join it is all a bunch of lies trying to get people lured into the worst decision of their live, the recruiting office gets money for each person they recruit which is why they try so hard to get people to recruit and don't tell you the truth. They promised me 60$ and i havent seen a dime and i already finished my 4 years in Feb. They say they were going to give it to me last July but when i call they don't answer and i called the person that recruited me 4 years ago and asked him why i haven't got my money and he said that they are trained to say that you will get money but they arent actually sure that anyone will. I was in the Army btw and My two cousins are in the Marines and he gets 125$ a month for his soldiers comp after his tank got struck by a IED which helps for pretty much nothing! My other cousin who is also a Marine did not get any money for his GI because someone messed up on his paperwork. And they treat you like ****! I think **** gets better treatment than we do! Dont do it, plain and simple.

.horrible. You go days without food or water, and you're pretty much secluded from going any other place until your mission is done, being killing a certain man or taking over a certain position or post. You see your soldiers die and Officers, which I'm guessing is your boyfriend, tell the soldiers where to go and when and when not to shoot. So, some Officers think that it's their fault that the soldier died because of a command that he made that go that particular soldier KIA (Killed in Action) You go days without sleep or any type of rest so sometimes you go a little crazy and don't know what to do except do what the military trained you to do and that's kill or finish a certain mission that 99.9% involves killing. You see young men, usually 18-22, dying right in front of you, who just a little while ago you were laughing or eating or talking to them about your hometown or girlfriend with and now they're on the ground bleeding out and you're trying to patch them up as best you can so they can live just enough to see their loved ones. I was a Combat Medic by the way, which is why I'm referring to 'patching up'. I sometimes stay up for days thinking if i could have done something better he could have lived but then i remember those that i did save and that they are now with their loved ones. I'm sorry but i couldn't go anymore, just show your boyfriend love and tell him to talk to you about what happened when he was out there and just listen. It helped me a lot and i hope it helps him also and i hope you and him get along great. good luck with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment